What's new

Samsung TV & Iplayer Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sobeitjedi

New Around Here
Hi.

I have a new Asus rtac88u router with merlin firmware, connected to a fibre connection. All devices in my house are running great, apart from a Samsung TV (ue40h6400 - running firmware 2880) in the room directly above the router. I get lots of problems with the Iplayer buffering, being slow to respond, etc. Other smart apps on this TV seem to perform fine - I've used DS Video and Plex to stream movies stored on a NAS, it's just the iplayer I think. If I use a tablet or phone in the same room as the tv, they work great. And it's only happened since the new Asus router has come in - my previous router (bt home hub) had no issues.

I've tried to set the TV on a static IP, set the dns to 8.8.8.8, but still the problem persists. I think the wireless on the TV uses the 2.4ghz range.

A small workaround seems to be within the iplayer app on the TV, to switch the video quality to low (which isn't great).

Any suggestions?

Last edited:
wireless and streaming is not always a perfect marriage. if you can, use APs in the room of the TV and preferably use a wired connection for the TV

Any suggestions?

Move the router a bit - couple of feet to the left or right might be all that is needed - if it's directly below the TV, you're in the null of the antenna pattern of the Router/AP.