What's new

saving traffic data to usb

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cmillar6

I am using Merlins firmware and trying to save the traffic data to the usb drive connected to the router. What path am I putting into the directory? do I start it with smb://IP_address of router/

I am using Merlins firmware and trying to save the traffic data to the usb drive connected to the router. What path am I putting into the directory? do I start it with smb://IP_address of router/

It must be the mount point of a local USB disk. If the disk is mounted as sda1, then it will be:

Code:
/mnt/sda1/

You can do "ls /mnt" over SSH/telnet to see the available mount points.

Next version will have a button that will let you use a GUI to navigate to the disk where you wish to save your data.

I used your code as I assume it is mounted as sda1 being its the only usb drive. It doesn't appear to be saving and I see this in the system log. I also tried sdb1 and the same error.

Feb 28 21:03:51 cstats[6064]: Problem loading /mnt/sda1/tomato_cstats_60a44c2143a0.gz. Still trying..

One thing I noticed is when I click the radio button to create a new data file after I save it reverts back to No

I used your code as I assume it is mounted as sda1 being its the only usb drive. It doesn't appear to be saving and I see this in the system log. I also tried sdb1 and the same error.

Feb 28 21:03:51 cstats[6064]: Problem loading /mnt/sda1/tomato_cstats_60a44c2143a0.gz. Still trying..

You will have to make sure it is indeed mounted as sda1. It can potentially be mounted by its label rather than its device name.

One thing I noticed is when I click the radio button to create a new data file after I save it reverts back to No

That's normal. Once created, you don't want to re-create it over and over again.

I navigated to the disk using the GUI provided with the 270.25 version and I am still seeing the same error in the system log. Any more ideas?

Delete that file from your disk, and try recreating it through the webui.

If you are using ext2/ext3 then check write permissions on the folder containing your data file.

I finally got it saving to my USB disk. I'm a Linux user so it must have been a permission thing. I brought my work laptop home today that actually runs Windows and plugged in the USB drive and tinkered with the permissions, now everything works.