What's new

Schedule to enable/disable AiProtection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Robin

New Around Here
Hi folks!

I'm trying to figure out how to control (simply to enable and disable) AiProtection from the command line. What I would like to do is, set up a cron-based schedule to enable and disable AiProtection Parental Controls (or a client entry within it - I don't mind which).

The problem is, AiProtection offers Web & Apps Filters, and Time Scheduling, but not the intersection of the two: I would like to permit all access to a device normally, but filter out certain apps/websites during set times of particular days (6am-6pm M-F only). The result would be: other (not listed) client devices have unrestricted access at all times. Listed device(s) have unrestricted access outside the scheduled times, restricted access (but still have internet access) within those times.

I think the following are the cru commands to create the schedule, and I understand I'd need to set up a jffs script those commands to make them survive router reboots... I just need the missing command.

cru a filtering-on "0 6 MON-FRI * * [turn AiProtection Parental Controls on]"
cru a filtering-off "0 18 MON-FRI * * [turn AiProtection Parental Controls off]"

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Disable

Code:
nvram set wrs_app_enabled=0
nvram set wrs_enable=0
service "restart_wrs;restart_firewall"

Enable

Code:
nvram set wrs_app_enabled=1
nvram set wrs_enable=1
service "restart_wrs;restart_firewall"