Scheduled Reboot on Aimesh Node?

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
Yes, with an RMerlin-powered router and some deft scripting.

JohnD5000

Yes, with an RMerlin-powered router and some deft scripting.

Thanks, but let me rephrase the question(s)

1) Is it possible to do a daily reboot on an AiMesh node on Stock? If so How?

2) If on Merlin (not my main router is on Merlin but node is currently on stock), how?

Thanks

L&LD

Part of the Furniture
1) & 2) I don't believe stock firmware allows such control.

Tech9

Part of the Furniture
Is it possible to do a daily scheduled reboot on an AiMesh node?

If no other options are available and you really want to do it - power the Node with Smart Plug, bind the plug to the Router, set power off schedule for 1 minute at desired time. Or simply use a plug with timer and similar settings. Why do you want to reboot the node daily in first place?

AlFreid

New Around Here
5 Ghz drops off on AIMesh roughly after three days. Tried everything, appears to be a a bug on RT-AX68U. Reboot brings back 5 Ghz, 2.4 never drops on AIMesh. When used as the main router, both channels work like clockwork. Would like to reboot AIMesh every couple days until Asus puts out a new firmware to fix the issue - saw a thread about it in March but still no new fixes from Asus.

drabisan

Very Senior Member
I have a weekly reboot of my GT-AC5300 that's the router. And the node, an AX88U also reboots at the same time. Both stock firmware.
At wee hours of the night, nobody cares that router and node(s) are rebooting for 2 minutes.
Same reboot can be daily - I know I was using that few years back while testing a beta firmware.

AlFreid

New Around Here
I have Merlin on both main and node routers and main one reboots weekly but not the node one. I could only find mention of using script to reboot the AIMesh node.

LightGuy48

New Around Here
Is it possible to do a daily scheduled reboot on an AiMesh node?
I literally jumped on to ask this same question because my main node reboots weekly but my node has gotten very erratic over the last few days and after a physical reboot it cured the issues so I'm assuming the reboot schedule in the main router does not apply to the node (running a pair of AC68U's)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!