What's new

Scheduled Reboot on Aimesh Node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, with an RMerlin-powered router and some deft scripting.

Yes, with an RMerlin-powered router and some deft scripting.

Thanks, but let me rephrase the question(s)

1) Is it possible to do a daily reboot on an AiMesh node on Stock? If so How?

2) If on Merlin (not my main router is on Merlin but node is currently on stock), how?

Thanks

1) & 2) I don't believe stock firmware allows such control.

Is it possible to do a daily scheduled reboot on an AiMesh node?

If no other options are available and you really want to do it - power the Node with Smart Plug, bind the plug to the Router, set power off schedule for 1 minute at desired time. Or simply use a plug with timer and similar settings. Why do you want to reboot the node daily in first place?

5 Ghz drops off on AIMesh roughly after three days. Tried everything, appears to be a a bug on RT-AX68U. Reboot brings back 5 Ghz, 2.4 never drops on AIMesh. When used as the main router, both channels work like clockwork. Would like to reboot AIMesh every couple days until Asus puts out a new firmware to fix the issue - saw a thread about it in March but still no new fixes from Asus.

I have a weekly reboot of my GT-AC5300 that's the router. And the node, an AX88U also reboots at the same time. Both stock firmware.
At wee hours of the night, nobody cares that router and node(s) are rebooting for 2 minutes.
Same reboot can be daily - I know I was using that few years back while testing a beta firmware.

I have Merlin on both main and node routers and main one reboots weekly but not the node one. I could only find mention of using script to reboot the AIMesh node.

Is it possible to do a daily scheduled reboot on an AiMesh node?
I literally jumped on to ask this same question because my main node reboots weekly but my node has gotten very erratic over the last few days and after a physical reboot it cured the issues so I'm assuming the reboot schedule in the main router does not apply to the node (running a pair of AC68U's)

I scheduled the main router to reboot twice a week and in my parent's home. However, I cannot find a way to schedule reboot on nodes. Is there a way to do it? thanks

I bought this two pack of Smart Plugs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B091FXQQMQ/?tag=snbforums-20. Put one on my main and one on my node. Can control reboots with this (and can get a clean reboot, too). I have main scheduled to shut off at 4:00 am, wait two minutes and reboot a few times each week. I have node to shut off at 4:02 am same days, wait two minutes and reboot. This way, the router is off for a few minutes before rebooting.

Turn off the scheduled reboots. Nodes don't need scheduled reboots either.

If reboots are required continuously, find the route problem and fix that instead.

No need for scheduled reboot hence still no solution to this non-existing problem. 🥱

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!