What's new

scMerlin - Internet reconnection problem - option No.2

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Willing to...

Occasional Visitor
Hi, I noticed that for the last few updates reconnection (option No. 2) actually reconnect but I'm unable to access any web page until I restart my RT-86U router.
Before I needed to do option No.2 two time in the row and everything worked, now (last maybe 3 updates - they come very quickly one after another) I tried with only one reconnection, with 2 in the row, with 3 but internet is dead until switched routher ON/OFF.
Anyone else with this problem?

If you're having to regularly restart your router's WAN interface there is something fundamentally wrong with your internet connection. Using scMerlin to restart the WAN is just hiding the underlying problem. Fix the cause of the problem so that you don't need to use the scMerlin option at all.

I need to regularly restart my IP address when downloading from various file holsters otherwise I need to wait 1-2 hours to be allowed to download again.
With reconnection from scMerlin I don't need to go to the router to switch it ON/OFF to change my IP address, and reconnection was faster through scMerlin.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!