What's new

Script not working anymore after upgrade to 24198

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What if your cron job runs sh /jffs/scripts/checkifhome

Hi Dave, i tried that. did not work.

the problem with curl(which we solved) was totally not logical but this problem is even worse.

i am starting to believe asus do not want us to start any script which runs on a regular base with this new firmware

You can't use curl and wget from cron on newer firmware - they will output nothing, you will not be able to bypass it - I tried.

Use Entware's curl.

ok thanks, that clears things up

Man, asus is getting more tight than Apple.

how is this related to merlin
if i switch to merlin will this solve the curl problems or do i still need entware

how is this related to merlin
if i switch to merlin will this solve the curl problems or do i still need entware
I disable those Asus security features in wget and curl.

ok. sounds like a plan. the reason i upgraded to the latest version is that i could use my iphone as a wan backup. since merlin is a couple of revisions behind i will check if that feature is already included. if not i will downgrade to 22525 again for now

thanks everybody for helping me out.
solving problems is always nice but to discover that the problems were intentionally created by Asus is not very nice

wow. things are speeding up. this is a higher release as the official asus one. if will give it a try as soon as it is weekend

upgraded to latest merlin(both router and aimesh node)
sofar everything seems to be running well including curl and cron from the default merlin implementation
somehow the $idx still gives me problems, to avoid it i just typed in the device instead of the variable.
also the cake QOS implementation and wireless log are working really nice
Thanks @RMerlin for this code and ofcourse Colin for helping me out(and yes SCP is working again as well)