What's new

Seagate Expansion 3TB Spin Down

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I finally got my Seagate Expansion to spin up and down by changing the spin down settings on the drive with seagate settings software. The default setting is never spin down which I suspect is why the router spindown command will not work. It works perfectly now.

You can get the setting software from Seagate here
http://www.seagate.com/support/external-hard-drives/desktop-hard-drives/expansion-desktop/

Hi,
big ty for ur little software hint. It worked fine. BUT the big but is ..I have my external harddrive connected and AC66U recognises it. But the troubles is that i cant see any files on the harddrive for eg from my TV eg. movies , music eg
What parameters have u ...like formated the drive with special sector size or whatever.
I got an Seagate Expansion Desktop hardrive 3TB

regards
Dive

I originally connected and used media server (dlna) , samba server , and ftp servers with the stock NTFS partition and Merlin's firmware with no problems. After some reading here about the best file systems for use on the Linux attached drives , I decided to reformat as ext3 and copies all my data back. It is working very well.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

@RacerRon, thx for your post but I cannot find this tools on Seagate WebSite :confused: , can you share me this one ? Thx :)

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!