What's new

seamless roaming with two rt-n66u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

It theory, yes. WDS support was fine on previous Broadcom-based models. There is some limitations in WDS mode: lower performance, lost ability to hide SSID, only predefined types of encryption but they are not critical.

is it currently possible to do seamless roaming with two rt-n66u?
Hi,

In my configuration (one RT-N66U and one RT-AC68U) the roaming works very well. :D

But I needed to enable the "Roaming assistant" setting under "Wireless/Professional" with the value of -70 dB.
I would love to have the roaming with higher signal strength (e.g. -60 dB) but the values above -70 are not allowed in the GUI. :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Hi,

In my configuration (one RT-N66U and one RT-AC68U) the roaming works very well. :D

But I needed to enable the "Roaming assistant" setting under "Wireless/Professional" with the value of -70 dB.
I would love to have the roaming with higher signal strength (e.g. -60 dB) but the values above -70 are not allowed in the GUI. :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

With a value of -60 rather than -70 would the device switch to the other router earlier?

Does this affect the range overall?