What's new

Secondary Guest Network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vundq

New Around Here
I have 2 RT-AX86U with 388.1 merlin firmware ( RT-AX86U-01 and RT-AX86U-02).
- on RT-AX86U-01, I installed FlexQoS, config DHCP for all LAN Network, config Guest network wl0.2/wl1.2 on br0.
- on RT-AX86U-02, I config LAN IP (Disable DHCP on RT-AX86U-02), Disable WAN, config Guest network wl0.2/wl1.2 on br0.
-- Guest network never connect intranet for all router.
-- 2 Router connect directly on 2.5G Port.
-- Guest network on 2 router use the same name and password.
-- Bonding port 1-2 on RT-AX86U-02 for PC.
I can connect all wired/wireless network on LAN and all devices get ip from RT-AX86U-01.
QoS work well on all LAN and Guest network on RT-AX86U-01.
I only roaming wireless network on 2 router (SAY NO WITH AIMESH).
------ BUT -------
!! i cannot get ip from dhcp RT-AX86U-01 for Guest network on RT-AX86U-02 !!
NEED HELP

Welcome to the forums @vundq.

Only AiMesh will propagate a Guest Network. And then, only GN1 (not 2 or 3).

Welcome to the forums @vundq.

Only AiMesh will propagate a Guest Network. And then, only GN1 (not 2 or 3).
when using GN1, wl0.1 on br1, wl1.1 on br2, it cannot use FlexQoS rules, just only br0 work, how i can config GN1 on all router apply QoS rules from flexQoS ?
Many Thanks @L&LD.

What ISP connection do you have and why do you need QoS on the Guest Network?

About FlexQoS on AX routers:

What ISP connection do you have and why do you need QoS on the Guest Network?

About FlexQoS on AX routers:

Sir

my wan connection 200mbps using GPON fiber through bridge huawei router and connected to all asus router by RJ45 port.

i have a small company, i need split out 2 ssid (guest - local), demand using internet for many people, i need QoS.

Many Thanks

The author of FlexQoS is saying the script has issues with AX routers and he's moving away to another project. Not sure is your QoS choice is the right one. I would use Cake QoS instead on the main router with the built-in Guest Network to node AiMesh functionality. I would set the Guest Network to 20MHz wide channel and N only. This way it will be limited by technology to about 100Mbps to 2-stream client. This will be the total throughput to all Guest Network users, not single client only. Employees will use 5GHz band for much higher throughput on LAN and full speed on WAN. Since you have Ethernet backhaul between the two routers you can use the same release Asuswrt-Merlin on both. Cake QoS will disable Runner and Flow Cache, but your router can do about 350Mbps WAN-LAN with NAT acceleration disabled - higher than your ISP line speed. The performance will be unaffected and Cake QoS works well out of the box. I would also disable IPv6 (if enabled, not needed and IPv4 external IP is available) to ensure proper QoS function. What you need is possible, but with different approach. Of course, you have to test what works better for you in real life situation. Home routers are not the best equipment for business use. They support about 30 active clients per band.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!