What's new

Security Camera Randomly Stopped Connecting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Icelvlan

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I'm using a Dlink camera DCS-2670 and one of them randomly stopped connecting.

Here is what I'm seeing in the router logs.

It keeps flipping between my different APs. Keep in mind it has been connected for a few months now and nothing has been changed.

kernel: CONSOLE: 625787.769 wl0.0: non-802.1X frame to unauthorized station ##MAC##
kernel: dhd_flow_rings_delete_for_peer: ifindex 0
kernel: dhd_prot_flow_ring_delete: Send Flow Delete Req RING ID 260 for peer ##MAC## prio 0 ifindex 0
kernel: dhd_prot_flow_ring_delete_response_process: Flow Delete Response status = 0
kernel: CONSOLE: 626030.492 wl0: Proxy STA ##MAC##link is already gone !!??

Thanks

There are some troubleshooting points to solve your security camera connection problem:
  • Check the security camera connection and power.
  • Make sure the cabling is OK.
  • Reboot your HD security cameras.
  • Check if there are IP address conflicts.
  • Update to the latest firmware.
  • Update to the latest monitoring software.
  • Reset the security camera to its factory default.
Hope this will help you.

Did you ever figure out your security camera issues? I posted to the forum but no reply at all. I have right now 2 security cameras. I had them hard wired to the network, gave them IP's. Was able to access them wirelessly to configure snapshot. After a while I was no longer able to access them through IE. I had 3 security cameras setup at one time then started running into this issue. There are no IP address conflicts and I still see and can ping them in the router Network Map.

Another thing is each of these cameras came with a search tool. When I do a search nothing happens. As a fluke I will see one of them pop up in the search tool but can never communicate. All are sending me snapshots though email. I want to communicate with them to setup ftp streaming. They all have local static IP's with again, no address conflicts??

Did you ever figure out your security camera issues? I posted to the forum but no reply at all. I have right now 2 security cameras. I had them hard wired to the network, gave them IP's. Was able to access them wirelessly to configure snapshot. After a while I was no longer able to access them through IE. I had 3 security cameras setup at one time then started running into this issue. There are no IP address conflicts and I still see and can ping them in the router Network Map.

Another thing is each of these cameras came with a search tool. When I do a search nothing happens. As a fluke I will see one of them pop up in the search tool but can never communicate. All are sending me snapshots though email. I want to communicate with them to setup ftp streaming. They all have local static IP's with again, no address conflicts??

My advice with IP cameras is - after you connect them hardwired to configure the wireless -- when you disconnect the ethernet cable, reboot the router. I've had IP camera after IP camera where they're connected to both networks at the same time, which seems to trigger a self-protection mechanism inside the router. Rebooting the router fixes the issue.

I've started buying cameras that are configurable through other means, like an app which generates a tag you simply show to the camera. The nonsense of having to be wired after any firmware update is so not worth my time anymore.

My advice with IP cameras is - after you connect them hardwired to configure the wireless -- when you disconnect the ethernet cable, reboot the router. I've had IP camera after IP camera where they're connected to both networks at the same time, which seems to trigger a self-protection mechanism inside the router. Rebooting the router fixes the issue.

I've started buying cameras that are configurable through other means, like an app which generates a tag you simply show to the camera. The nonsense of having to be wired after any firmware update is so not worth my time anymore.
I’m not sure what you mean by “configurable by other means, like an app which generates a tag you simply show to the camera”? Can you send me a link to the camera you’ve been buying?
I have 3 camera and only one working right now. One of them the IR lights died and I’m not sure if it’s fixable. I haven’t found anything that says that it is or how to fix. Also, that one has been great with snapshot but I can open the snapshots it sends to me. They open in IE with just an X in a small box in the upper left hand corner. I have both mechanical and Technical background.
I really appreciate your replying. The camera situation is driving me nuts.

What do you mean they are bouncing between different access points? Do you have repeaters setup? Are you using aimesh? Do you access points share the same SSID? Have you disabled airtime fairness and roaming assistant and enabled IGMP snooping? What band are you connecting it to?

Assuming its wireless, what is the RSSI you are getting for the camera in wireless log?

Last edited:
I’m not sure what you mean by “configurable by other means, like an app which generates a tag you simply show to the camera”? Can you send me a link to the camera you’ve been buying?
I have 3 camera and only one working right now. One of them the IR lights died and I’m not sure if it’s fixable. I haven’t found anything that says that it is or how to fix. Also, that one has been great with snapshot but I can open the snapshots it sends to me. They open in IE with just an X in a small box in the upper left hand corner. I have both mechanical and Technical background.
I really appreciate your replying. The camera situation is driving me nuts.
Are these samsung cameras? Many vendors have been disabling ie/browser support due to vulnerabilities with their newer firmware. Especially since IE and activex have all but pretty much been deprecated other than on windows server.

All of my samsung ip cameras for example no longer have a web interface and can only be configured using their mobile app. Once configured though, they still support RTSP streams and can be accessed using something like vlc or blue iris to view the stream.

You'll need to use the mac address to setup a static dhcp reservation to be able to access it.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!