What's new

Security camera setup with VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TomsZR2

New Around Here
I have an Asus AC86U that was setup to work at home with a home DVR and several IP/port cameras as well as the regular internet stuff. I had static internal addresses for each with port forwarding TCP and DDNS service because of my constantly changing IP address and they all worked fine when remotely viewing with the phone apps. I just setup IPVanish VPN (openVPN) in the router and the VPN works perfectly but now the cameras don't work. I can see them and access them only through the local network wired PC. I've been reading for 2 days now and can't find a simple walkthrough to forward the cameras through the vpn connection. Can someone give me a step by step procedure? Also, the Asus router app and AiCloud app only work now when I'm on the wifi network and VPN. If I turn off the VPN everything works like it used too. I'm using the regular Asus firmware. It appears that the only thing in common is that they all use DDNS.

Last edited: