What's new

Seeing sub 50mbps speeds on wired and wireless through AC3200 with latest Merlin release

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Jason Hand

New Around Here
I have rebooted the AC3200 several times and have a computer plugged into one of the 1gbps ports and a gigabit ethernet adapter and at one point was getting gigabit speed through my AT&T gigabit fiber but not any longer.

I have confirmed the modem is still supplying gigabit performance by connecting directly to it.

Any one see this?

Thanks,
Jason

I have rebooted the AC3200 several times and have a computer plugged into one of the 1gbps ports and a gigabit ethernet adapter and at one point was getting gigabit speed through my AT&T gigabit fiber but not any longer.

I have confirmed the modem is still supplying gigabit performance by connecting directly to it.
Can I assume that you have an AT&T provided Pace 5268AC? If so, I have heard that their latest firmware (past 30 days or so) has been causing issues with downstream routers. Are you running 5268ac in bridge mode?

Be sure to into the 5268ac configuration and turn off auto detect for your ethernet connection.

Additionally, whether it is DSL or fiber, AT&T performance is very dependent on neighborhood usage.

I am seeing the exact same thing - ~50mbps max via wired or wireless down (350 up on wifi.) Running 384.6. I have 1gb AT&T fiber with the 5268AC (no autodetect, no bridge - dmz'd to asus). Plugged into the att router with my laptop, I get 850+gbps. downgraded to 384.5 - no change. (would have gone back to 380.xx if it had let me.)

Unfortunately, I don't recall when I updated to which versions. Looking at my speedtest results from the past, in october I was getting 250+ consistently over wifi.

I factory reset the asus today to see if that would fix it, but no luck.

I think the issue is with the WAN. I added a second cable and enabled dual WAN with load balancing and now can get 250+ over wifi, 600+ wired. It's not the cable either, I've checked them both.

I have 1gb AT&T fiber with the 5268AC (no autodetect, no bridge - dmz'd to asus).
Please refer to the screen shot:
Screen Shot 2017-03-11 at 1.21.45 PM.JPG

The port on the 5268AC where the ASUS should indicate a speed of 1Gbps. Depending on the version of 5268ac firmware the 'set mode" should be either 100BaseT/Full-Duplex or 1000BaseT/full-Duplex. Do not use auto-detect. Since I dropped AT&T service in June they have come out with a new firmware that may have changed things.

Additionally, don't enable IPv6 on ASUS as well as IPTV because AT&T does not play well with others.

Please review: https://forums.att.com/t5/AT-T-Inte...WRT-in-DMZ-Plus-on-5268ac/td-p/5208344/page/3

I agree that it is the AT&T 5268ac with DMZ mode enabled. Setting to 100BasetT/Full-Duplex makes no difference and I don't have the option for 1000BaseT... Turning off DMZ plus mode allows the RT-AC3200 to get the download speeds i expect.

So either turning off DMZ or enabling dual wan with load balancing works for me.

The port on the 5268AC where the ASUS should indicate a speed of 1Gbps.
Thank you for using the correct abbreviation for metric prefixes. Technical information is so much easier to read when accurate labeling is used.

Hi, just thought I'd reply to let you know I have the exact same config with the WRT AC3200 / 5268ac causing the same trouble. I've also tried to troubleshoot with a TP-Link Archer C7.

I updated my AC3100 from 384.7_2 to 384.8_2 and had serious performance issues, especially on local 2.4Ghz WiFi traffic that was routed to 5Ghz WiFi station. Going back to 384.7_2 resolved problems.

Al

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!