What's new

Separate SSID for VPN snd routing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

walterg74

New Around Here
Hi all,

I am about to buy an Asus AC86U, and want to know about a feature I need that I saw could be done, which is simply to have a separate SSID to use with an OpenVPN connection the router would establish.

Regarding I have 2 doubts:

1) I have seen you can create up to 3 "guest" SSIDs, but can you fully define everything for these? Including DHCP scope, etc., or is it all just automatic?

2) While I saw that you can have routing through the VPN based on src/dst subnets, is that the way traffic for clients on a separate SSID gets routed, or is there a different way this is configured? (i.e. bridging the SSID with the tunnel interface, etc.).

Thanks for your help!

Edit: I guess I have 3! :)

3) Is there an option to create "OpenVPN profiles" and to switch between them on the fly (through the GUI) so for example on one the router connects to a US server, on another toa European server, etc. without having to configure the OpenVPN section each time you wanted to switch servers?