What's new

service restart_wan causing problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MissingTwins

Regular Contributor
My ISP is NTT(Japanese Provider), I have noticed that my WAN IP had never changed even the DHCP IP address had expired, but after reconnecting WAN it always could get a new IP.

Problem 1:

Router is ax86u.

When I have to change my IP from remote location, service restart_wan comes in very handy, but I have found its side effect.
When I did service restart_wan sometime in a day, then after a while I was trying to use RDP, the graphic stopped updating 5 seconds later after connection, and reconnecting would be good for 5 seconds then freezing. Also my Amazon WorkSpaces would show session interrupted and back to normal every 5 seconds. Any-desk was working as normal it should be.

Everything else was good, speedtest was OK, Internet browsing , streaming both were OK, but gaming could not connect to the server.

I have to go into the WebUI->Internet Connection, flipping the ON/OFF switch once to get everything back in order.

Problem 2:

Router is ac86u.
My IoT devices are connecting to ac86u's 2.4G Wi-Fi, but occasionally all of them go off line, I have found that when they all died because of 2.4G radio was gone, 5G was OK.
A quick fix is service restart_wireless, but why?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!