What's new

Voxel Set custom DNS for a device IP?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mattdoestech726

New Around Here
I have a roku, and it uses a hardcoded DNS, and I don't have another device laying around. I love the voxel firmware, and was wondering if there is anyway to force the IP of the Roku to use a custom DNS and not other devices on the main Network.

I have a roku, and it uses a hardcoded DNS, and I don't have another device laying around. I love the voxel firmware, and was wondering if there is anyway to force the IP of the Roku to use a custom DNS and not other devices on the main Network.
Short answer: yes!

I don’t have the time right now to detail, but you can achieve this with iptables rules.
Do some research on internet and this specific forum, you will find good starting points.

see this post:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!