I took the plunge and got an AX86U to replace the 3 year old refurb AC66U_B1 that has served me well. I have a pretty simple home network with two connected devices and 18 or so wireless connections but typically no more than 12 or 13 connected at once and usually more that 2 or 3 actually active (not counting quite a few IoT devices that don't consume any significant bandwidth). Setup went pretty smoothly but I had to reboot my modem to get an internet connection. So far, so good. I kept the same SSIDs and network names/passwords so I didn't have to reconnect everything manually. It came with the last 384 level ASUSWRT firmware installed. I plan to let it run for a week or so and then flashed the latest Merlin build.