What's new

Setting up the ac86u.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stanvdw

New Around Here
Hi, I bought the ac86u.
Before of this I had a apple time capsule, and want to use this one a little bit as the same as the ATC.
I have a question
I have a 2,4 and 5ghz showing up in my Mac network settings. The ATC showed up as a sort of the same network name, same password, can I do this with this one to. I guess It has to be with administrator mode and choose on of the 4
RT-AC86U supports several operation modes to meet different requirements. Please select the mode that match your situation.
Wireless router mode (Default)
Repeater mode
Access Point(AP) mode
Media Bridge

I also have a ssd 500gb samsung t5 connected to the ac86u this works great to see files and pictures
Is it easy To set up time machine backup?

Thnx already
Stan Belgium

Hi, I bought the ac86u.
Before of this I had a apple time capsule, and want to use this one a little bit as the same as the ATC.
I have a question
I have a 2,4 and 5ghz showing up in my Mac network settings. The ATC showed up as a sort of the same network name, same password, can I do this with this one to. I guess It has to be with administrator mode and choose on of the 4
RT-AC86U supports several operation modes to meet different requirements. Please select the mode that match your situation.
Wireless router mode (Default)
Repeater mode
Access Point(AP) mode
Media Bridge

I also have a ssd 500gb samsung t5 connected to the ac86u this works great to see files and pictures
Is it easy To set up time machine backup?

Thnx already
Stan Belgium

The 86U WiFi can be configured with dual-band Smart Connect band steering and same SSID and passkey for both bands. Wireless clients will see a single SSID; Smart Connect will encourage them to connect to the optimum band.

OR, you can disable Smart Connect and assign same or different SSIDs. If using same SSIDs, wireless clients may not connect to the optimum band, so using different SSIDs when not using Smart Connect is advisable.

OE

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!