What's new

settings not saving, taking effect as long as in UI then drop

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ebalsumgo

Regular Contributor
So something strange is going on with my router. I am unable to do the following:
1. Disable Lets Encrypt (with or without this enabled the device is still presenting the self-signed and generated cert... so figured disable it for now til I figure out why)
2. Enable WAN SSH access
3. Enable (temporarily) WAN GUI access

If i go in and change the settings, by remoting into a home box, everything works as long as I am logged into the GUI. I can ssh in, i can access the GUI on the wan interface, etc. The moment I log out (or get auto logged out) all the settings revert to their original state and I lose access immediately.

If I get an ssh connection and I try and do some manual nvram set the settings seem to not take effect or also get lost as soon as my connection drops.

Whats weird, is that other settings get saved just fine, i added some new port forwards, I removed or modified a few other things, just seemingly those 3 are refusing to persist no matter what I do :(

Resetting to defaults and starting from scratch is a no go at the moment as I am stuck out of the country due to covid and if i reset the router I have no way to rebuild it :/

Running 384.16, on a RT-ac68r, the router and software have been rock solid otherwise and I even added some new things through AMTM to get me a bit better visibility of things, just for whatever reason Lets encrypt and WAN remote access are refusing to stick.

Any 3rd party scripts installed? If so which ones?

From AMTM I have: skynet enabled and thats it. I have not tried disabling skynet yet.
I figured you had Skynet installed. Skynet automatically disables outside access. Might want to read through the Skynet forum.