What's new

Settings Transfer GT-AXE11000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

SD Dude

Occasional Visitor
Ive got a GT-AXE11000 and TONS of setting in it (like STATIC IP's that goto certain macs Plus all of the other reg stuff wifi settings etc etc along with IP settings etc...)

It has STOCK ASUS FW

IF I upgrade it to MERLIN should it retain all of these settings ?

Last time I did merlin was years and years ago on ASUS AC3200 (and as I recall it DID keep all my settings) Just dont wanna have to re-enter a TON of stuff....

Anyone know if they will be retained after I upgrade the GT-AXE11000 to MERLIN ?
thanks in advance on any input !

The available Asuswrt 388_22525 for your router is what next Asuswrt-Merlin 388.2 is based on, currently in Alpha stage. If you "upgrade" to Asuswrt-Merlin 388.1 release you're actually going back to Asuswrt 388_21224 base. Most of your settings will be retained, but you may need to do a factory reset after firmware change. You have to know how to extract and save the settings you need before you do that and re-import them back after. Save/restore the default configuration file between different firmware versions is not advisable. If there is nothing critical in Asuswrt-Merlin that you need today - wait for 388.2 release. By that time research how to save in Asuswrt-Merlin your DHCP reservations, custom user names, custom user icons, make screen shots of your WAN/LAN and Wireless settings, etc. VPN clients you have to re-configure manually due to different implementation in Asuswrt-Merlin.

A little help for you here:

Last edited: