What's new

Setup HDD

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wolfclaw

Regular Contributor
Have got myself a nice little USB2 250GB external HDD and plan to attach it to my AC66U v374.42 to share families MP3.

Was wondering what else I can do with it, anything that can take a load off the router or free up resources etc etc.

All ideas welcome, but I'm a noob to scripting etc, so simple instructions would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

First format the usb to etx3 using Linux or Ubuntu and then head over USB Application > AiDisk, Servers Center and install Download Master. Lastly enable the options under Aicloud and follow the instructions. you can then download torrent via the Download master or access your USB data via FTP on LAN or WAN.

Was wondering what else I can do with it, anything that can take a load off the router or free up resources etc etc.i,

All ideas welcome, but I'm a noob to scripting etc, so simple instructions would be appreciated. :rolleyes:
ave got myself a nice little USB2 250GB external HDD and plan to attach it to my AC66U v374.42 to share families MP3.
Hi,

I wrote a answer on a similare question some time ago here.
The main topic have been said in the previous posting, but one was left out: The SWAP file! :confused:

I you want to "offload" something from your router, you should think of using a swap partition on the usb drive.
BUT: The swap partition should be the first partition on the drive (small like e.g. 512 MBytes) to have the best speed for the swap access. :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Last edited: