What's new

Setup Open VPN Server with SSH tunnel

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neph

New Around Here
Hello,
I would like to ask if it is possible to use my Assus RT-AC56U with asuswrt merlin to setup OpenVPN Server with ssh tunnel. I want to use this because my employer uses firewall with DPI which can detect VPN traffic even on 443 port so one of the ways to obfuscate it is to encapsulate it in SSH tunnel.

Any ideas on how to acomplish this?

Thanks in forward

You're asking for a way to defeat the safeguards your employer has for their network?

Do you not like where you work?

I don't think you will get many responses here to help you do that.

You're asking for a way to defeat the safeguards your employer has for their network?

Do you not like where you work?

I don't think you will get many responses here to help you do that.

L&LD, you've just reminded me of a passage in the excellent SSH Mastery by Michael W Lucas:

"As a user, the ability to tunnel arbitrary traffic over SSH does not mean you should. If your organization's security policy forbids port forwarding or tunneling, don't do it. If the policy says "use the Web proxy and stay off IRC," then listen. I am not responsible if you use these techniques and are reprimanded, terminated, or exterminated. (Even if we IT security officers are all petty tinpot despots who don't understand your very personal and deeply urgent need for IRC and Google+.)"