What's new

Share only 1 of 2 drives using Samba [Solved]

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JJQuin

Regular Contributor
I currently have two USB hard drives attached to my RT-AC86U running Merlin 382.2_beta3.

1. 4TB USB hard disk, formatted ntfs, 1 partition, used for SMB & NFS Shares
2. 8GB USB flash drive, formated ext2, 2 partitions (2GB swap, 6GB data), used for entware, AB-Solution, etc.

I would like to hide the 8GB flash drive from the Samba share list. When I connect from my Windows PC or Android Tablet, I see all folders on the 4TB and the 8GB data partition. I have usernames/passwords setup so my family can't access the folders on the 8GB data partition, but I would prefer if I could just hide it completely.

I tried to figure out how to setup a smb.postconf using the pc_delete or pc_replace commans, but I need to remove or comment out 3 sections at the bottom of the file and a lot of the lines in each section are exactly the same. The only way I could figure out how to do it would be to completely replace the smb.conf with one in /jffs/configs, but I'd prefer a way that wouldn't require me to edit the file each time I changed, removed or added folders to the root of the 4TB drive.

Any suggestions?