1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Sharing Antennas for 4x4 Dual Band

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by tinglewifi, Mar 26, 2019.

1. tinglewifi

tinglewifi New Around Here

Does anyone know of a mux or similar device that can take output from 2 different Wifi 4x4 radios (one a 2.4G and the other 5G; both use the Broadcom BCM43465 MU-MIMO chipset) and connect them to the same 4 antennas? I don't want to use 8 antennas so looking for way to share the same 4 antennas. I see there are several new 4x4 routers on the market that have a mux built into the motherboard design. I need a separate device to do this. Any ideas???

2. Internet Man

Internet Man Senior Member

3. tinglewifi

tinglewifi New Around Here

Thanks Internet Man. I'll give them a look.

4. consorts

consorts Regular Contributor

5. sfx2000

sfx2000 Part of the Furniture

It's actually not a MUX - it's just good antenna design...

Not everyone want to see dead spiders in the living room...

Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 5.51.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 5.50.51 PM.png