What's new

Short time listener, First time caller

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kamikazekato

New Around Here
First off, Thank you guys for the wealth of information. I went into this blind and with much trial and error I am really close to have my router(RT-AC3100) set up the way I want. Went from complete ignorance of router settings to knowing enough to be dangerous(at least to my self and router clients). .....So on that note. this is my set up so far.

-RT-AC3100
-Merlin 384.13
-Putty to use Diversion, Skynet, etc.
-PIA VPN
-Active clients include (2) smart TV's, X-Box, Playstation 4, HUE Network, (4) Google Speakers, Numerous Android phones, and my Desktop PC.

When I set up PIA through router it showed that I was not connected to the internet(ASUS GUI), but all my devices worked(they connected to the internet and showed they were protected by PIA). I couldn't connect to netflix on TV'S, but I expected that from previous attempts.

I did a MAC and IP Binding for all of my devices

In VPN settings I forced internet traffic through tunnel.

TV'S and Game consoles I assigned to WAN( to allow connection to Netflix), and the rest through VPN.

When I do a DNS leak test through the PIA website it shows I have a leak. Is this because I have some clients open to WAN? and should I be concerned?

Did I really have to go through the MAC/IP Binding?

Say for example if my son comes over, who has my wireless settings in his phone. Will he be connected through VPN?

Thank you again for any information.
You guys are great.

I would suggest using amtm instead of just using PuTTY to install individual scripts.

The amtm Step-by-Step guide in the link in my signature below may help. It may even give you ideas for other scripts that may be useful to you too.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!