What's new

Should I update my 68U to 386 firmware?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

andyross

Regular Contributor
I'm wondering if it's worth updating my RT-AC68U to the new 386 firmware. I am only running it more or less standard with no Mesh or VPN or guest networks. Just plain router.

I'm worried about some that seem to have issues with the GUI not working. I read some say it will work after a few minutes, but I'm not sure if that's after every reboot, or just that first one. Others seem to always have issues?

I'm treating 386 as if it's still beta, since there is still an active beta thread from ASUS.

I'm wondering if it's worth updating my RT-AC68U to the new 386 firmware. I am only running it more or less standard with no Mesh or VPN or guest networks. Just plain router.

I'm worried about some that seem to have issues with the GUI not working. I read some say it will work after a few minutes, but I'm not sure if that's after every reboot, or just that first one. Others seem to always have issues?

I'd say no, you don't sound too in to it. :)

OE

Sure, upgrade. I have a couple of AC68U's and an AC66U_B1 running the new firmware and it works well.

Keep it at minimal 3.0.0.4.385.20633, that is the latest with security fixes.
My RT-AC68U with 3.0.0.4.386.40558 does run fine though, 33 days up after the upgrade without reset.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!