What's new

Should I use Asuswrt-Merlin on my GT-AXE11000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sachb

Hi @RMerlin , thankyou for taking the time for releasing new firmwares.

Would you recommend using your firmware for the AXE11000 too? I've just bought it today, and upon testing I'm happy with the speeds, but my laptop which has Intel AX210 card seems to have trouble with consistency. The AXE11000 when set to 80 Mhz on 5 GHZ seems to hinder performance on my laptop.

Not that I'm having trouble browsing, downloading stuffs, but the speedtest seemed to fluctuate a lot if i set the router to 80 Mhz, but on 160 Mhz its kind of perfect. This is only happens on my laptop, not with ROG 6 phone. Both of these device support Wifi6/6e.

Another thing, I was expecting to get access to upper band channels UNII-3 (149-165) but it looks like for me and others living somewhere in EU & Middle East have no rights to use those only on ASUS Routers.

EDIT: As suspected Wifi Channels (149-161) are not present on the GT-AXE11000 sold in the Middle East.
A capable router crippled by ASUS.

Last edited:

Would you recommend using your firmware for the AXE11000 too? I've just bought it today, and upon testing I'm happy with the speeds, but my laptop which has Intel AX210 card seems to have trouble with consistency. The AXE11000 when set to 80 Mhz on 5 GHZ seems to hinder performance on my laptop.

Not that I'm having trouble browsing, downloading stuffs, but the speedtest seemed to fluctuate a lot if i set the router to 80 Mhz, but on 160 Mhz its kind of perfect. This is only happens on my laptop, not with ROG 6 phone. Both of these device support Wifi6/6e.

Another thing, I was expecting to get access to upper band channels UNII-3 (149-165) but it looks like for me and others living somewhere in EU & Middle East have no rights to use those only on ASUS Routers.
Hi, i have the ax-11000 router, and i have this config for you can check and maybe work for you. I disable like i sayed before the 5ghz-2 cuz i have a mesh with ax82u with wired, so i think the backhaul work better like this even i tested and with my iphone 13 pro max have 745mb up and 734mb down. With my lenovo legion with ax201 have 2,4gbps and work like a charm with 1gb of internet at 941mb.

screen.png

Changing firmware will not address anything you mention there.

others living somewhere in EU & Middle East have no rights to use those

I don't know about Middle East, but in most EU countries channels 149-161 are limited to 25mW or not available at all in Wi-FI equipment.

As pointed by @AndreiV Asuswrt-Merlin firmware won't change anything Wi-Fi related for you. Just use the available in your country channels.

I don't know about Middle East, but in most EU countries channels 149-161 are limited to 25mW or not available at all in Wi-FI equipment.

As pointed by @AndreiV Asuswrt-Merlin firmware won't change anything Wi-Fi related for you. Just use the available in your country channels.
So ASUS is shipping their EU/UK Wifi regulated goods to Middle East which is a shame.

Are they too lazy to distinguish between the 2 regions and setup a different code for them. I made an Expensive mistake, cannot return the router. The Range compared to my older Netgear RAX80 is terrible in the room.

I'll have to sell this one for a loss, but luckily the moment i purchased the router from the store the price shot up. So I may have a chance to sell it at what I paid for it or higher than that.

Last edited:
What channels are allowed in your country?
36-48, DFS channels & 149-165, in the Middle east, I can confirm this by looking at Netgear RAX80 router. That router was purchased from an authorised local store in the Middle East (UAE)

See here:

1679729190552.png

Last edited: