1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Should I use the CM700 or keep the SB6183?

Discussion in 'Wireless Buying Advice' started by NesTx88, Sep 11, 2019.

1. NesTx88

NesTx88 Occasional Visitor

Current setup is Comcast with 150mbps, using a net gear orbi with 2 satellites, and 6183, and wondering should I keep the sb6183 or go with the cm700.

A issue I had earlier on with the Intel Puma 6 chipset issue, and I originally had the 6190, and the cm700 has it, so I'm wondering if its best to avoid?

2. Trip

Trip Very Senior Member

Yes, I'd stick with Broadcom chipsets, all day, every day. I find the Arris SurfBoards to be rock solid as well, so I don't think you can do wrong by staying put.

3. Smokey613

Smokey613 Regular Contributor

I have an Arris DG2470A Surfboard modem provided by my ISP. It’s been up for 103 days in bridge mode without a hiccup. It seems to be a very stable platform.