What's new

Showing the love, Not!

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JWoo

It is interesting which routers Asus prioritizes and which ones not. The ROG STRIX GS-AX3000 has a very pfunny name, and also gets no love at all. Nearly bought one because they were heavily discounted. Glad I did not as the ROG STRIX GS-AX3000 has not had a firmware update in more than a year. Even though it shares a hardware platform with about 5 other models (like the RT-AX58U, RT-AX82U, RT-AX3000, TUF-AX3000, TUF-AX5400).

Tell me about it. I have an AX92U paid $300+ 3 years ago and it stopped updated January 2021, almost 2 years and it's been left behind.

Tell me about it. I have an AX92U paid $300+ 3 years ago and it stopped updated January 2021, almost 2 years and it's been left behind.
3.0.0.4.386_46061 was released late January 2022.

3.0.0.4.386_46061 was released late January 2022.
I will have to hook it backup and update it, checked from inside the Router settings and always said it was up to date. I might have to do a Manual update on it. Still almost a year without an update is not really acceptable.

Still almost a year without an update is not really acceptable.
What particular fix are you missing?

Quite frankly, not that much has changed for 386_xxxxx models over the past year.

I am still waiting on an update for the ET12 as it seems the XT12 and other routers are getting more updates.

What particular fix are you missing?

Quite frankly, not that much has changed for 386_xxxxx models over the past year.
On mine the 160Mhz band is missing, why i stopped using it and bought the AX88. I had switched out the Wifi card on my laptop for a Wifi 6 card, laptop speed with original card was 433Mbps, not fast when you have to do file transfers. Bought the AX92 and no Wifi 6 , i was told it might be a hardware issue, was hoping it was a software glitch. Only time it ever updated was the day i set it up.

And you've never checked AX92U support page?
I have just recently took it out of a box after my AX88 died, pretty much only in use for My Roku, only device that does not support a VPN. I did not check support page i ran an update and it said it was up to date.. 3.0.0.4.384.9177. I will download the newest Firmware and flash it, but i don't have much faith that it will restore my 160mhz band. My ISP Router pretty much has no features, so i use VPN apps which slow things down considerably on Chromecast and Amazon devices like 20Mbps when VPN is on. All temporary until i can buy a new dual Multi gig port router, but the AX92 is handy as a backup router for now. I just wish it had VPN Fusion and wireguard to split my VPN to the device that i normally connect to different regions. Amazon is connected to Los Angeles for later viewing of things, the rest i connect to New York which in my norma time zone, i am in Canada.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!