What's new

Site Survey timeout?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DanielCoffey

Regular Contributor
I am using 380.67 on my AC87U and I am wondering if there is a timeout for the Site Survey process?

I am now in a very quiet rural area with no near neighbours and none of my devices can pick up even a glimmer of nearby wifi. When I click Wireless - Site Survey - Scan it displays the expected "Searching for available networks. Please wait..." and it waits with the beachball dots for a very long time. What is the timeout for that scan?

I suppose I have to ask the question ;). If you're in a rural area with no neighbours, why are you doing a site survey or care how long it takes? :D

I am using 380.67 on an AC3100 and the wireless Site Survey scan doesn't seem to work at all for me. It displays the expected "Searching for available networks. Please wait..." for a few seconds, then stops with no results presented at all. And I live in an area where there are plenty of nearby wi-fi routers and access points.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!