What's new

site to site with openvpn possible

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

slow_lacie

New Around Here
Hi,

I currently have a lan at home running with a 8 port gb switch and an asus rt-n56u with http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/ firmware. This is where we have a server that distributes small software updates to clients(embedded devices), which I have to take home and plug into my network over night once a month for them to be updated. Its kept at home because we really don't have space at work for it. 25/25Mbps wan connection 192.168.0/24

At work its is a work in progress we have just removed everything and currently only have a docsis modem and we are starting from scratch. I'm thinking to do a similar setup 8 port switch and some router that will allow openvpn. 25/10Mbps wan 192.168.20/24

Thats the simple part, the part I want more experienced opinions on is this. I would like a bridged site to site vpn, needs to be bridged because some of our apps use broadcast to intially discover available devices. The n56u can run openvpn as the server and I would like one of the ports of the router at work to be connected to the site to site vpn, then I can connect a switch to that 1 port and use it for that one specific task and the rest of the ports and maybe a 2nd switch for everything else.

So basically

HOME router running openvpn <--> work router running openvpn where the connection is only bridged to one port.

Am I being crazy?