What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I've just pushed v5.3.0

This is a pretty significant update and long overdue. I was inspired by @thelonelycoder 's post earlier in another thread saying how AB-Solution has probably the most user friendly menu of all user scripts on this platform... and well he was right.

Skynet was commandline only, and has around 55 commands I expect users to memorize. Initially this may have been a viable option when Skynet was a lot less complex. But over the past 6 months or so Skynet has gotten much more advance with new commands added almost daily at some points.

With this being said, I took on the task of creating a basic menu to start with. Initially I thought this would be a quick implementation (boy was I wrong :p), well 500 lines of code (almost 1/3 of the total script) and few hours later we have menu base to work from!

Now let me start by saying this menu is no-where near as advanced as a script like AB-Solution, but its definitely a starting point and something I will be continuously improving in the near future. Right now its pretty ugly, un-standardized, and probably has a few bugs, but it works for the most part so I thought I might as-well push it.

To see it, use the following command;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall

Last edited:
I've just pushed v5.3.0

This is a pretty significant update and long overdue. I was inspired by @thelonelycoder 's post earlier in another thread saying how AB-Solution has probably the most user friendly menu of all user scripts on this platform... and well he was right.

Skynet was commandline only, and has around 55 commands I expect users to memorize. Initially this may have been a viable option when Skynet was a lot less complex. But over the past 6 months or so Skynet has gotten much more advance with new commands added almost daily at some points.

With this being said, I took on the task of creating a basic menu to start with. Initially I thought this would be a quick implementation (boy was I wrong :p), well 500 lines of code (almost 1/3 of the total script) and few hours later we have menu base to work from!

Now let me start by saying this menu is no-where near as advanced as a script like AB-Solution, but its definitely a starting point and something I will be continuously improving in the near future. Right now its pretty ugly, un-standardized, and probably has a few bugs, but it works for the most part so I thought I might as-well push it.

To see it, use the following command;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall help
Hear hear, an interactive menu with 13 options.
Well done and thank you.
The beta version before it was named AB-Solution, Adblock WCHFA (adblocking with combined hosts file automated) had about the same menu.
Don't push it too far though or else :mad:

Stupid question: which menu option exits the script (like "e").

Funny, seconds before seeing this post I was thinking the CLI was pretty quick and efficient at whitelisting domains.

Stupid question: which menu option exits the script (like "e").

Funny, seconds before seeing this post I was thinking the CLI was pretty quick and efficient at whitelisting domains.

Right now you just have to use the good old ( CTRL + C )

Am working on a quit option along with answer verification/looping as we speak, but sometimes the simplest sounding features are the most complex :p

@elorimer 5.3.2 is now live.

You should now only be able to use the displayed options (Skynet will repeatedly ask until you do), and you can exit any time by using the "e" option.

@elorimer 5.3.2 is now live.

You should now only be able to use the displayed options (Skynet will repeatedly ask until you do), and you can exit any time by using the "e" option.
Thanks for using "e" as well, makes the most sense.
And don't one love the while loop and * in a case function?

Unfortunately Skynet doesn't and can't support the N66U and other MIPS routers due to their ancient Kernel and IPSet version. Sorry!
This wasn’t a new model router when I got it, so while I’m disappointed, I’m not surprised. It still works brilliantly, but for some of the features/add-ons that are available now as well as for long term viability and security, it’s becoming more apparent that it’s soon time to retire this piece.
Thank you

So I think this is what you were referring to? If so good call, no reason not to notify the user.
Just a random remark, really.
I've asked this before. There's a temporarily disable skynet option, why not make it clear and simple and have an enable menu entry as well?

I've asked this before. There's a temporarily disable skynet option, why not make it clear and simple and have an enable menu entry as well?

Its hidden in the debug menu, but it seems like a useful addition now the menu is in place. Will push the change soon.

Its hidden in the debug menu, but it seems like a useful addition now the menu is in place. Will push the change soon.
Out of interest, does the menu disable CLI interaction? e.g. piping skynet debug stats to a text file which I'd then pass to my email script. Not running Skynet atm, wife kept running into blocks from banmalware:/

Out of interest, does the menu disable CLI interaction? e.g. piping skynet debug stats to a text file which I'd then pass to my email script. Not running Skynet atm, wife kept running into blocks from banmalware:/

Negative, the menu actually just links to the previous baked in commands.

Unfortunately Skynet doesn't and can't support the N66U and other MIPS routers due to their ancient Kernel and IPSet version. Sorry!
The opening post of this thread is not that clear if you ask me.

"Currently this script is only supported for Asus Routers with IPSet v6"

Remove the word 'Currently' to leave out any room for doubt.

SkyNet seems to run, but I get an error that tells me that my version of IPSet isn't supported. My linux-fu isn't strong, yet I've scrolled through 15 or so pages of this thread and people say they have or have had this running on the n66u. what am I missing? what must I do?

So you missed post #825 and #1011? ;)

Had this occur today. I know it is a work in process so this is just a heads up.

Code:
[1-13]: 4

Select Whitelist Option:
[1]  --> IP/Range
[2]  --> Domain
[3]  --> Port
[4]  --> Refresh VPN Whitelist
[5]  --> Remove Entries
[6]  --> Refresh Entries
[7]  --> List Entries

[1-7]: 5

Remove From Whitelist:
[1]  --> All Non-Default Entries
[2]  --> IP/Range
[3]  --> Entries Matching Comment

[1-3]: 2

Input IP Or Range To Remove:

[IP/Range]: 104.16.75.76

Command Not Recognised, Please Try Again

I cleared it using the command line option
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall whitelist remove ip 104.16.75.76

I still use the original command line options. I copied them into a text file and have a link on the desktop in workspace 4 (linux) for easy reference.

Had this occur today. I know it is a work in process so this is just a heads up.

Code:
[1-13]: 4

Select Whitelist Option:
[1]  --> IP/Range
[2]  --> Domain
[3]  --> Port
[4]  --> Refresh VPN Whitelist
[5]  --> Remove Entries
[6]  --> Refresh Entries
[7]  --> List Entries

[1-7]: 5

Remove From Whitelist:
[1]  --> All Non-Default Entries
[2]  --> IP/Range
[3]  --> Entries Matching Comment

[1-3]: 2

Input IP Or Range To Remove:

[IP/Range]: 104.16.75.76

Command Not Recognised, Please Try Again

I cleared it using the command line option
Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall whitelist remove ip 104.16.75.76

I still use the original command line options. I copied them into a text file and have a link on the desktop in workspace 4 (linux) for easy reference.

Force an update to the latest version (v5.3.5). I was doing some work on this command today (along with others) and corrected a bug and added some valid input checking. I also changed the CLI command to;

Code:
sh /jffs/scripts/firewall whitelist remove entry 104.16.75.76