What's new

Skynet Skynet - Router Firewall & Security Enhancements

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

So today I tried to launch it and to my surprise I am having a weird issue.

I see the Skynet V5 "logo" and the ############## stuff around it/under.

Thats it. No menu, nothing.

Try download it via the following command, something may have edited it causing the strange behaviour.

Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/master/firewall.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/firewall" && chmod +x /jffs/scripts/firewall

not working. i dont know if its because of ntp. my time/date used to be off but I set it manually. I still get start NTP update spam tho. I moved back to my dorm and my router is unable to get the time automatically. It used to work before heading back to my dorm.

EDIT : Oh ya...
Skynet: [ERROR] NTP Failed To Start After 5 Minutes - Please Fix Immediately!

Last edited:
not working. i dont know if its because of ntp. my time/date used to be off but I set it manually. I still get start NTP update spam tho. I moved back to my dorm and my router is unable to get the time automatically. It used to work before heading back to my dorm.

Yes as you can read here Skynet relies on NTP working for accurate logging. My guess would be that your dorm is blocking access to specific ports/servers.

Your best bet would be to start a thread and ask about ways to bypass this from others in the same position. Another band-aid solution would be to set the ntp status manually in the nvram, do note if the time is not set correctly while doing this you will have quirks like wrong time-stamps etc throughout various Skynet features.

This can be manually done via;

Code:
nvram set ntp_ready=1
nvram commit

And as you can imagine this would need to be done every time the router restarts the NTP service, and I again stress the time is accurately set before doing this or timestamps throughout Skynet will be wrong.

Does Skynet still allow deporting of single IP when I try I get this error.
Code:
Jan 16 06:47:43 Skynet: [ERROR] 404 Error Detected - Stopping Deport
Once again if it is a stupid question I'm having a bad day...:rolleyes:

Does Skynet still allow deporting of single IP when I try I get this error.
Code:
Jan 16 06:47:43 Skynet: [ERROR] 404 Error Detected - Stopping Deport
Once again if it is a stupid question I'm having a bad day...:rolleyes:

The deport command accepts a URL or local file location as input, not individual IPs

The deport command accepts a URL or local file location as input, not individual IPs
Sorry I meant domain name (sigh...having a rough day). Not deport single ip but deport single domain.

Do you need the domain I'm trying to deport?

Do you need the domain I'm trying to deport?
Sorry am I doing something the script doesn't allow? Like I said I'm having a bad day.

If you're just trying to unban a specific ip/domain/etc, you need to use the "unban" command. The "deport" command unbans a list of IPs from a file or URL.
Gotcha thanks!! I was kinda wondering. I thought I may have misunderstood what it meant....:oops:

Hi Adamm,

Quick question, When I put something on the whitelist does skynet automatically remove that entry from the blacklist aswell? Because most domains I add because skynet blocks them with the autoban feature or is it better practice to unban them with the unban command?

I also noticed that when removing something from AB-solutions whitelist it doesn't get removed from skynet's shared whitelist.

I also noticed that when removing something from AB-solutions whitelist it doesn't get removed from skynet's shared whitelist.
When you do that, it gets removed from the AB-Solution shared list which Skynet or other scripts may use to whitelist in their scripts.
AB in return includes every other shared-*-whitelist it finds to whitelist them in AB-Solution.

Edit: To clarify: If you add a domain to be whitelisted in Skynet you have to remove it in Skynet.
The same applies to AB-Solution.
Ergo: If you add a domain in either of the Scripts, the other script uses it to separately whitelist it through the shared-*-whitelist, not remove it form its own whitelist. That is the purpose of the shared whitelist.

Last edited:
When you do that, it gets removed from the AB-Solution shared list which Skynet or other scripts may use to whitelist in their scripts.
AB in return includes every other shared-*-whitelist it finds to whitelist them in AB-Solution.

Edit: To clarify: If you add a domain to be whitelisted in Skynet you have to remove it in Skynet.
The same applies to AB-Solution.
Ergo: If you add a domain in either of the Scripts, the other script uses it to separately whitelist it through the shared-*-whitelist, not remove it form its own whitelist. That is the purpose of the shared whitelist.

Ok, thanks for clarifying :)

What about my first question? (sorry to overwhelm you with questions :p)

When I put something on the whitelist does skynet automatically remove that entry from it's blacklist aswell? Because most domains I add are because skynet blocks them with the autoban feature or is it better practice to unban them with the unban command?

When I put something on the whitelist does skynet automatically remove that entry from it's blacklist aswell? Because most domains I add are because skynet blocks them with the autoban feature or is it better practice to unban them with the unban command?
Not sure what Skynet does. AB-Solution will not add it to the whitelist if found in the blacklist. It will say to remove it there first.

The whitelist takes priority over over the blacklist, so if an entry exists on both it will not be blocked.

Some good news for any AC86U owners. I was finally able to get my hands on one, will be spending the next few days working on better substitutes for the fork() patches and other model specific issues and speed up various functions. Better late then never :p

Auto ban is blocking Blizzard's battlenet update and game update servers for some reason. The first time it happened, it drove me insane not knowing what it was. When I temporarily disabled Skynet that time, then it could properly update again. Today there was an Overwatch patch and same thing. But this time I did the unban option and cleared all the autobans it had made and then it worked properly to update.
Connecting to the game server etc is no issue and works fine, just keeps autoblocking the download servers it seems.

Since I have no idea how to check the source of the blocking and what is actually blocking, I'd notify and maybe get some info on how I could check it for future reference and I could provide the info for next time it would happen.

Auto ban is blocking Blizzard's battlenet update and game update servers for some reason. The first time it happened, it drove me insane not knowing what it was. When I temporarily disabled Skynet that time, then it could properly update again. Today there was an Overwatch patch and same thing. But this time I did the unban option and cleared all the autobans it had made and then it worked properly to update.
Connecting to the game server etc is no issue and works fine, just keeps autoblocking the download servers it seems.

Since I have no idea how to check the source of the blocking and what is actually blocking, I'd notify and maybe get some info on how I could check it for future reference and I could provide the info for next time it would happen.

Please read this. Whitelist them.
https://github.com/Adamm00/IPSet_ASUS/wiki#applicationexe-or-websitecom-is-blocked