What's new

Skynet / Question on unban'ing and whitelisting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Duftstenen

New Around Here
Hi SNB.

I have tried to get this solved for a while, but I must admit that it is teasing me. It seems that whenever I have whitelisted a domain name, it takes around i week, then it is banned again.

So this is what I do - I open Skynet - Go for 12 -> 1 - > 1. Wait for the line to appears:

Watching Syslog For Log Entries (ctrl +c) To Stop

Feb 24 21:39:28 kernel: [BLOCKED - OUTBOUND] IN=br0 OUT= MAC=XX:XX SRC=192.XX.X.XX DST=51.145.143.28 LEN=60 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=64 ID=17747 DF PROTO=TCP SPT=42240 DPT=443 SEQ=3766935178 ACK=0 WIND)
Associated Domain(s) - [app.netatmo.net]

Got it - this domain, I want to allow. So I go back to main menu - Go for 4 -> 2

Input Domain To Whitelist:
: app.netatmo.net
[$] /jffs/scripts/firewall whitelist domain app.netatmo.net
=============================================================================================================
Adding app.netatmo.net To Whitelist
Whitelisting 51.145.143.28
Saving Changes

It seems to be saving. I'll try to connect again, and everything is working. However it seems that after a week (maybe after auto update for whitelisting?), it goes back again?

Why is that? Then I can go an unban the domain once again.

Besides that - can anyone explain to me what the different on "Unban"/"Whitelisting" in this matter is. I mean, it is blocked, so I might what to Unban it, or Whitelist? What to do when?

Thanks a lot!
Best. D