What's new

Slow download speeds through RT-AC68P

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tomgru

Occasional Visitor
Hi all... hope you can help me - i'm only moderately technical when it comes to my router.

I have an RT-AC68P with some older firmware (3.0.0.4.380_4164) I never updated past that because everything has worked so well.

I have a moderate number of wireless and wired devices, but rarely are many in use at the same time.

My provider is Comcast, and I usually get 100 up/10 down or better on their speed test. I just checked on a wired computer, and I'm only getting close to 7/3.

The problem seems to be more with my hardwired systems.... wireless test just now came in at 30/8

I tried it directly hooked into the Comcast modem, and alas, back up to 100/10 speeds, so it's something internally in my setup. I have a fair number of switches to distribute my LAN, but have changed nothing over last year, so not sure what is happening.

Any idea what I could start troubleshooting?
thanks!!!

EDIT: I just rebooted all my gigabit switches, and now it's back to full speed. Which is nice.... but no idea why. will check again tomorrow.

would still love any thoughts here. Most of the switches are Netgear and less than 1-2 years old.

Last edited:
Hi all... hope you can help me - i'm only moderately technical when it comes to my router.

I have an RT-AC68P with some older firmware (3.0.0.4.380_4164) I never updated past that because everything has worked so well.

I have a moderate number of wireless and wired devices, but rarely are many in use at the same time.

My provider is Comcast, and I usually get 100 up/10 down or better on their speed test. I just checked on a wired computer, and I'm only getting close to 7/3.

The problem seems to be more with my hardwired systems.... wireless test just now came in at 30/8

I tried it directly hooked into the Comcast modem, and alas, back up to 100/10 speeds, so it's something internally in my setup. I have a fair number of switches to distribute my LAN, but have changed nothing over last year, so not sure what is happening.

Any idea what I could start troubleshooting?
thanks!!!

EDIT: I just rebooted all my gigabit switches, and now it's back to full speed. Which is nice.... but no idea why. will check again tomorrow.

would still love any thoughts here. Most of the switches are Netgear and less than 1-2 years old.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!