What's new

slow internet on 2 of 4 desktops.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mike G

New Around Here
I'm new here so first of all, hi.
I'm not sure if this is the right category or even forum for this question, so feel free to move it or maybe recommend the correct forum if it isn't.

I have 4 desktop computers in my house and all of them had great internet speed for about a year. I am on FTTN and am paying for 100 Mbps internet and all 4 computers were getting about 90 to 98 Mbps download speed and 30 to 35 Mbps upload.
Now, suddenly, 2 of the computers are only getting 2 to 4 Mbps download speed but still get 30 to 35 Mbps upload, but the other 2 are still getting 90 to 98 Mbps Download and 30 to 35 Mbps up (so it's not a problem with my ISP)

Can someone please point out where to start troubleshooting this? I have googled this in as many different worded ways as I can but all that comes up is how to speed up internet or windows 10 in general. Oh buy the way I'm running windows 10 on all 4 computers.

Never mind. Problem solved. I just downloaded the latest drivers from the WiFi adaptors website and it's fast again. Doesn't explain why the other 2 computers didn't slow down though.

Thanks anyway.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!