What's new

Slow Internet Speed Test Shown on Adaptive QoS Page

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mr Zippy

Occasional Visitor
I just noticed that the QoS page of my new AX88U has a speed test, don't think my old AC87U had this.

Anyway I thought this would be the best speed test as it's on the router, but it's showing almost half my connection speed.

Anyway my FTTP connection is sold as 900/100 and via command line speedtest.net (PC via Ethernet) I get 910-920 Mbps down and 100-110 Mbps up - which is what I would expect.

But the built in test doesn't exceed 600 Mbps, is this expected?
It's odd the router has a rating for speeds over 900, leading me to believe it could test to that speed. Maybe it can't.

Attachments

• st1.png
    st1.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 149
  • st2.png
    st2.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 155
Are you using Adaptive QoS? AiProtection?

Turn those off to see your actual speeds in that test tab.

Are you using Adaptive QoS? AiProtection?

Turn those off to see your actual speeds in that test tab.
I had AiProtection on, turned it off. Speeds are better but still inconsistent. I have 1.2 down and sometimes it shows 1.3 and others 800. I am also using the 2.5g port.

For @Mr. Zippy that may help also

A few have found that it also helps to remove (withdraw) permissions from the Administration, Privacy page too. And then, reboot the router.

Maybe the problem is that this test is not optimized to run on router's SoC and reaches the SoC limit.

I may be wrong, but I think all permissions need to be withdrawn (and the router rebooted, afterward).

Maybe the problem is that this test is not optimized to run on router's SoC and reaches the SoC limit.

Correct. And it was discussed many times. No need to play with TrendMicro features. Speedtest from wired client is more accurate.

Thanks for all the comments, I don’t have QoS turned on, but I do have parental controls on. When I get a chance I will do some more testing.

From comments this would almost seem like a bug, as I am sure a command line Speedtest (on router) could cope with the speed, but maybe not. Maybe this is command line already.

Last edited:
A limitation is fine, but why imply it could test a connection of 900mbps. Does the country where it was designed not have internet that fast, which I doubt.

Just another firmware bloatware. It's available with other router manufacturers firmware with similar limitations.

I just noticed that the QoS page of my new AX88U has a speed test, don't think my old AC87U had this.

Anyway I thought this would be the best speed test as it's on the router, but it's showing almost half my connection speed.

Anyway my FTTP connection is sold as 900/100 and via command line speedtest.net (PC via Ethernet) I get 910-920 Mbps down and 100-110 Mbps up - which is what I would expect.

But the built in test doesn't exceed 600 Mbps, is this expected?
It's odd the router has a rating for speeds over 900, leading me to believe it could test to that speed. Maybe it can't.
To get accurate information from the internal speed test, you need to turn off Traffic Analyzer, QOS and AI protect. If you turn those off, you can run speed test and it will be accurate. If you have those on, it won't give you an accurate read.
Speed Test.PNG

I did notice the router will give say 500 do ‘em but my Wi-Fi devices will get 700. Which leads me to believe like I think others implied that the roo router does test is just not accurate

I don't see the point in disabling router features just to make speedtest work somehow. What's the problem with speetest on devices?

I don't see the point in disabling router features just to make speedtest work somehow. What's the problem with speetest on devices?
I think because it is generally the best way to see if your getting the speeds your supposed to

After you run the test, you can turn the features back on. The internal speed test will not give you an accurate reading if you run it with QOS, Traffic Analyzer and AI protection on. The test only takes a few seconds to run and it only takes a few seconds to turn the features on and off.

I think because it is generally the best way to see if your getting the speeds your supposed to

Not the best way, if you need to turn off router features to get somewhat accurate measurements between your router and ISP. You don't "work" on the router, but on the clients. Test what speed the clients get - wired or wireless. This is the important part for you.

Not the best way, if you need to turn off router features to get somewhat accurate measurements between your router and ISP. You don't "work" on the router, but on the clients. Test what speed the clients get - wired or wireless. This is the important part for you.

Would you recommend qos for 1.2 down 40 up?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!