What's new

Slow Network Link speed (WiFi)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ToonTonic

Regular Contributor
Hello everyone,

I hope you will help me resolve this issue I have with my ASUS GT-AXE11000.

I'm currently running Merlin's most stable release, and have for some time without issue. Though starting yesterday, the network speed reported by my various devices has dropped very low, and won't budge.

Usually it's in the 1.0gbps range when on 5ghz, and somewhat below that on 2.4ghz.

The 6E band has no issues, even if it can be finicky to connect too at times.

I've attempted:

Standard reboot & wait

Pulling the power, leaving it for 30mins, then plugging back in and waiting 10 mins to see if there's any difference

Then attempted a reflash of the current firmware which is 386.7_2

Still it won't budge above 300Mbps

What has happened?

Nothing was in the logs, and since reflashing I have no logs to show anyway.

I'm at a loss.

Would anyone be so kind to point me in the right direction?

Thank you

Screenshot_20220812-083318_Settings.jpg

Are you using DFS channels ?
Are the connections using 160 or 80 or 40 MHz channels ? What are the clients reporting for connection link rate and what is the router reporting ?
What changed in the wireless environment ? Did your neighbors make a change ? Have you done a wireless survey for interference ?
Almost sounds like either 1) the router/client were using DFS bands and radar was detected forcing that to drop or 2) neighbor introduced a wireless environment change or 3) something is now interfering from your own sources of RF.

Have you verified that it isn't your ISP?

Have you toggled any of the settings on/off while in the GUI? Some things are 'sticky' and toggling them on/off isn't the same as not touching them at all.

Save your settings, perform a full reset to factory defaults (I would recommend using all methods available for your router), and see if the issue is fixed (at the default settings). If not, you can always restore the backup config file you created above.

Are you running any other scripts? What options/features are you using on the router? Are all these (potential) scripts fully updated and working properly?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!