What's new

Solved Slow VPN with RT-AC88U and OpenVPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Lansing

New Around Here
Hello everyone,

I'm in a bit of a pickle, im trying too route my server though openVPN through my router, but when i force it too use openVPN the speed drops too 2-3MB/s, and without it's around 100MB/s. I know i can't expect the same speeds with openVPN but i really feel that there is some kind of limiter im missing. The CPU on the router does not go anywhere near max when it's using the VPN so i don't think the hardware is the problem. I will post screens of how it looks, anyone got a suggestion on what too look for?

This is with VPN on:
1640479925940.png

This is with VPN off.
1640480296894.png

Do you mean using the router as a VPN client from a commercial VPN provider ?
How can you download at 129 MB/s ? It is not even possible on Gigabit Ethernet.
What are the speed up and down when the VPN client is running on the computer and not in the router ?

Hello,

Yes i am useing a RT-AC88U with mirlin FW 386.3_2 i am unable to test VPN on the server but when i tested the VPN on my PC though the router i did get much better results, i dont know why i did not think of trying that before. Cant be the router then, thanks for the help!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!