What's new

Slow wired connection - RT-AC68U - loosing 100 mbit

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Andreaz

Occasional Visitor
Hi,
I have a 250 mbit cable connection at home.
If I put my network cable directly into the ISP cable-box, I get 250 at every speedtests. (Quite stable)

Then, without anything else connected, wire through the RT-AC68 I get 150-170...
Testet both cables directly to the ISP-box and got full speed with both cables.

Any idea of what this might be? Is it the limitation of the RT-AC68, or is there some setting I could change?
Testet with Firmware: 3.0.0.4.384_20648-g21e3702
And today with the latest: 3.0.0.4.384_20942-ge38bead
Also, this is a wired AImesh system. (I got 2 RT-AC68U)

above 100Mbit/s you need NAT-acceleration enabled for higher speeds.

Configured as AP or in router-mode (both are able to be meshed)?

Ok. If I enable NAT-acceleration all devices in parental control loose internet-connection, regardless of time-settings.... Don't know if this is known... testet again today, and same problem.
All devices get redirected to the router with a message that it can't access the internet..

Attachments

• IMG_2149.jpg
    IMG_2149.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 832
that are not compatible features, take it or leave it, just what is more important to you.
or a faster router like 86U.

If I'm wrong others will hopefully correct me, otherwise you got quick anwer ...

Thank you Grisu for clearing this up. But is it sure that I can get both parental control and NAT acc. with speed over 250, if I upgrade to the 86U?

Thank you Grisu for clearing this up. But is it sure that I can get both parental control and NAT acc. with speed over 250, if I upgrade to the 86U?

My ISP speed is 100/10 so I can't test here. But I can say that the 86U does not have the NAT acceleration setting in the firmware GUI.

OE

86U should manage it (double CPU speed and double RAM), but dont know with parental control if it will limit a bit.
But for sure its one of the fastest consumer routers.
My 230-line is not limited (dont use parental control)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!