What's new

Slower speed over node on RT-AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ASadani

Hi all, I have been trying to figure this out but have hit a wall to understand. My setup is 2 RT-AC86U's. I can hit 500 Mbps over wifi when connected wifi on the main router, however on the node which is also connected hard-wired can reach a maximum of 146 Mbps. I've checked the configuration and it shows ethernet. I've tested the connection wirelessly and it shows up as 1 GBPS over ethernet. I'm on merlin 386.2_4

Is this normal or is there something I can do?

I have changed the configuration as my AX88u as primary and the AC86U as node and now I'm unable to change the primary router's band from 80 MHz to others. The configuration does not stick. Is there a way to do this using command utility line? the GUI is extremely unstable.

I sincerely hate the AX88u

I have figured it out.
1. A Physical Router Reboot would bring back the settings and the updated settings would stick on the AX-88U
2. The Chinese model of AC86U when paired with the EU Version of the AX88u does not yield over 172 Mbps of connect speed.
3. Pairing the AX88u with the US model of AC86U yields the connection rate of 887 Mbps and hence the speed is increased.

I have disabled the AX mode on the AX Router. I would hope the AX Router would give out a good range. The AC Signal has always been weaker when compared to the AC86U.