What's new

Small dead spot, what node should I buy?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Weggy

Regular Contributor
Hey,

I've got the following setup:
Router - RT-AC5300
Node 1 - ZenWifi AX
Node 2 - ZenWifi AX

This setup is entirely built with an ethernet backhaul and it pretty much covers my entire house and garden apart from one room, my garage. What I'd like to do is add one additional node to this setup (again it would be ethernet backhaul as the cable is already there), but I'm not sure what the ideal cost effective solution is. I certainly don't need anything special as after all it is just a single room. But I do want it working with the Mesh system so devices effortlessly switch as they do now around the rest of the house.

Any ideas on the best solution here?

Many Thanks

Last edited:
Buy another of the same ZenWifi node. Be aware, however, that too many mesh nodes in too small a space may lead to inconsistent/flaky roaming due to too much overlap between nodes.

Why not first try relocating mesh nodes?

I've tried moving the nodes around, the room is simply a dead spot both in and out. So it needs its own node inside.

I certainly don't want to buy another ZenWifi AX node for a single room as that would be overkill for my needs and the cost is to much.

I'm wondering if I could buy a ASUS ZenWiFi AC Mini CD6? Would that function with the existing mesh wifi?

@thiggins thanks for your help

Last edited: