What's new

Small Office with 2 Internet Connection Solutions

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

totalmajor

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

We have 2 AT&T U-Verse connections at our office right now because those were the only options we had available. I'm looking for some solutions for the optimal set up.

Currently, we have one main printer and a couple of other computers that will be wireless in the next couple of days.

The RV042 seemed like a good option but from what I understand, it only kicks in once the other one goes out, is this true?

I was also looking at one of the new ASUS routers and buying 2 of them, bridging them together under one network but is that possible if you're using 2 different internet connections?

Thanks,
Peter

The RV042 seemed like a good option but from what I understand, it only kicks in once the other one goes out, is this true?
No. Not true. From http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/lanw...dual-wan-vpn-router-reviewed?showall=&start=1

The RV042 provides two options for managing dual ISP connections, Load Balancing (default) and Smart Link Backup.
Note there is also the RV042G with Gigabit Ethernet ports. Draytek also has plenty of multi-WAN routers.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!