What's new

Small request : port fwd table

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

lukesan

New Around Here
Hi Merlin and others,

Like some others I've come from a Linksys router that ran Tomato.
Now there was a feature which I specificaly liked and that was easy when dealing with remote access etc.
Now not everyone wants to run vpn: example, if my father wants to upload photos to my nas from his home location or if I want to access something on my mobile when I am not at home I am not going to setup a vpn tunnel.

In Tomato you have a page with an overview of which port(s) you fwd and a toggle behind it to activate it or deactivate it. This way there is almost no room for quick errors and to switch it on and off (for security reasons) goes in a matter of seconds.
now I like the Merlin software alot but this is one feature I am surely missing for the moment.
Not sure of how easy it is to implement but will you consider it?

For your father AiCloud would be perfect, as it will give him a web interface to access all your files.

Improving the current webui lists to make them editable is planned for sometime in the future. I'm just waiting before doing such major webui changes because these are always a pain to merge with new Asus releases, so I'm waiting for them to slow down on releases (or possibly implement this themselves).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!