What's new

smart connect rules

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

carberry

New Around Here
Our building - basement, ground floor, upper floor, roof terrace with reinforced concrete ceilings and limestone interior walls

Mesh system has 3 XT8 meshpods - router in building middle on upper floor, satellite nodes ~8metres from router at opposite ends of building on ground and upper floor respectively. Ethernet-only backhaul, triband smart connect; i.e. the satellites are about 16metres apart on different floors.

firmware 3.0.0.4.386_42095-gcd938f7

I found that setting Steering condition RSSI from default -82 dBm to -75 dBm for the 5GHz bands gives better handoff between meshpods for wifi6 clients.

I am unsure if i should also need to set STA RSSI to from -82dBm (default) -75dBm too.

What do the experts suggest?

Attachments

• smart connect rule 20210427.jpg
    smart connect rule 20210427.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 207
I have it this way, as I'm not sure of teh meaning of all settings. I have read lots of info, but it is not clear for me. So I enabled load balance, and have no problems at all. Fast devices go to 5ghz-2 when they start using a lot of bandwith.

1619521898622.png

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!