What's new

Smart tv-no Internet from powerline attached to n66u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Redmoorphil

New Around Here
Hi guys,
Having struggled with an old bt voyager router for years decided after Xmas that it was time for an upgrade after Santa brought an assortment of iPods and iPads.
I decided on the asus nt66u and a tplink 8817 as a modem. Got it all working eventually (not too good with networking) but I have one small problem. My lg smart tv was connected to the old voyager router via a powerline adapter and worked fine but I can't get it to work when connected to a lan port on the new asus. The tv connects automatically and tells me that it is connected to the Internet but I can't access any online services such as BBC Iplayer or YouTube. The home screen normally displays location and weather too but that info doesn't show up either.
Does anybody have any idea if I have missed something obvious?

I would double check the network configuration on your TV. Make sure it's set to automatic IP/DHCP, and that the DNS are also set to either automatic, or a well-known public one like Google (8.8.8.8).

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!