What's new

"SmartThings WiFi Presence + AIMesh node" issues.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

misuny

New Around Here
I've been running a jffs script for my SmartThings presence using WiFi. It's been working great. Recently, with Merlin's extraordinary work with AIMesh, I decided to setup my AIMesh Network.

The SmartThings WiFi Presence script is from https://community.smartthings.com/t/release-asuswrt-wifi-presence/37802/1

Whenever my cell phone connects to the node, my SmartThings presence changes to Not Present. Obviously, the jffs script is not running on the node.

My question is... how do I run a jffs script on the AIMesh node?

Run all the nodes on the latest Merlin rather than stock and they will all have JFFS script capability too.
Not sure how that plugin will react to multiple instances tho.
I just use the SmartThings app built in presence tracking ability and the Life360 app as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Run all the nodes on the latest Merlin rather than stock and they will all have JFFS script capability too.
Not sure how that plugin will react to multiple instances tho.
I just use the SmartThings app built in presence tracking ability and the Life360 app as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am running Merlin on all my Asus routers.

The SmartThings app doesn't update presence quick enough and neither does the Life360 app. By the time I get to the door, it's still locked. The WiFi Presence script worked amazingly though. That is why I am trying to figure out how to run jffs scripts on the node. I'm hoping this will solve the "not present" issue.