What's new

SNB in Ars Technica

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Many great companies have started from humble beginnings...

Screen Shot 2017-02-04 at 1.59.31 PM.png

Qualcomm wasn't much different back in the day after Jacobs/Viterbi sold Linkabit...

I like what they're doing - and they are scaling the business in the right manner.

Let's see where it goes...

Nice to get mentioned, even if Jim linked to an older version of the router test method. :)

I'm surprised Plume let Jim provide as many details as he did about Plume's test house. I've been in a few and have not been allowed to write about them.

The misleading thing about the article is that it sounds like Plume is the only company making DWSes that is using cloud intelligence to run the network. eero, Luma and Google Wifi also do. Linksys Velop and I think NETGEAR Orbi don't.

The misleading thing about the article is that it sounds like Plume is the only company making DWSes that is using cloud intelligence to run the network. eero, Luma and Google Wifi also do. Linksys Velop and I think NETGEAR Orbi don't.

It's ok - I'm pretty forgiving of the stuff I forged out back in 2010-2011 timeframe... 20 percent project back then, with a couple of employer turn-overs...

All the Mesh kind of things are here now... and it's good within a certain scale...

hammer and tongs - the data is free but the bits are earned... we don't talk about current projects... less wireless, more network, mostly nodes...

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!