What's new

So 3.0.0.4.384.32799 creates some issues right?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

follower

Very Senior Member
I'm not gonna update firmware for my routers to 3.0.0.4.384.32799. I'm gonna wait for the next firmware.

Last edited:
its your decision

my 86u work ok, now i start testing 68u.

It looks like the majority of the issues are for people running AiMesh. 32799 is working fine on both my AC86U routers that aren't operating in AiMesh mode.

Last edited:
Nope, works fine for me.

I don't use AiMesh.

have update to 32799 on both ac3100 and ac68 earlier today, on ai-mesh haven't had issue yet
only 8 hrs so far though. only time will tell
update:
2day and no issue so far

Last edited:
I'm using AiMesh on a GT-AC5300 and a 68U.
Uptime 2 days and some minutes with latest release on both.
So far so good. No problems whatsoever!

GT-AC5300, fw 384.32799, setup as router, no Aimesh

When I upgraded to this fw Lets Encrypt and therefore Asus ddns stopped working again.

Get a restart Lets encrypt message in the log every 5 minutes since…

I have had problems with Lets encrypt for some time now, but previous fw 384.32738 seemed to fix the lets encrypt problems again. But with this release I can't get it to work again…

Also almost every client names is gone (for days now) except two AC66 I have set up as old fashioned AP's.

And both "Ping meters" on the dashboard still stops when it reach across the app windows

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Last edited:
It would be good to state that early, otherwise people don't know the nature of your question.
Yeah the OP seems like a biased assumption rather than a question. I don't use AIMesh, however, my RT-AC88U seems to be doing fine on the new firmware.

Yeah the OP seems like a biased assumption rather than a question. I don't use AIMesh, however, my RT-AC88U seems to be doing fine on the new firmware.

In your dreams?
There are some users who have AiMesh issue with this firmware. That's why I posted it. You know what? You kind of guys always say "I'm fine with this. I don't use AIMesh". This SNBFORUM is getting crazy...

In your dreams?
There are some users who have AiMesh issue with this firmware. That's why I posted it. You know what? You kind of guys always say "I'm fine with this. I don't use AIMesh". This SNBFORUM is getting crazy...

The 2x86U AiMesh issue I have was introduced in 32797 and is still in 32799. So far, the WiFi stability fix in 32799 seems to be an improvement... my WiFi has been solid and a 135 vs 150 Mbps link rate issue also seems to have disappeared. So, if you're running 32797, then 32799 seems better. Otherwise, stick with 21140 until they fix the AiMesh node wireless client slow speed/crap out issue.

As for trolling a diverse population of users for a consensus on firmware defects, you can't expect everyone to agree just so you can feel reassured. That's just not reasonable... it's firmware!

OE

Last edited:
I am running AiMesh with 2x86u, after updated to 32799 firmware the main aimesh router started rebooting several times per day. Yesterday switched back to 21140 and it is up for more than 24h.

I am running AiMesh with 2x86u, after updated to 32799 firmware the main aimesh router started rebooting several times per day. Yesterday switched back to 21140 and it is up for more than 24h.

I have never had an unstable 86U AiMesh router, and I've worked on four. If you did not perform a factory default reset after upgrading/downgrading firmware, then I would start there... even if you hold at 21140.

OE

I have never had an unstable 86U AiMesh router, and I've worked on four. If you did not perform a factory default reset after upgrading/downgrading firmware, then I would start there... even if you hold at 21140.

OE
I did a factory default reset on both router and node, the unstable router issue kept after that. I will just keep with 21140 as it is working fine for me and wait for next firmware.