What's new

So QOS is now working with AC68P.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pinkfloyd1173

So yesterday I went and returned my ac87R and picked up ac68p. I got home and started to hook it up, I installed Merlin's FW 378.55 beta2, did a hard reset after that and started to input my settings. Well I enabled QOS and it would act very werid with my internet speeds, I have TWC, 300 down and 20 up.

Well for the life of me I could not figure out why QOS would act up when I enabled it with merlin's FW. So I decided to reinstall merlin's fw again, did a full hard reset and started to in put my settings.

So here is the speedtest with no QOS enabled

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4512038370.png

4512030868.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Here is a speedtest with QOS enabled

4512034050.png
[/URL][/IMG] http://www.speedtest.net/result/4512034050.png

I do not know what made it work like it should but its working, maybe a bad down load on my part or a bug that these asus routers have.

It has been working great for the past 4 hours, no drops on 2.4 or 5g wifi channels. I find it very weird that it just started to work out of the blue???

Well I hope this new ac68p keeps working like it is right now.

Well update if any thing changes.

By the way thanks for everyones help on this issue.

Last edited:
Could be the difference between the Quantenna radio in the RT-87U and the Broadcom radio in the RT-AC68U.

Or, it could be leaving the Firewall (and NAT?) enabled too. ;)

Could be the difference between the Quantenna radio in the RT-87U and the Broadcom radio in the RT-AC68U.

Or, it could be leaving the Firewall (and NAT?) enabled too. ;)

I think its the Broadcom radio, on the 87r I had firewall and nat enabled also.

Its working really good for right now, have notr had any drops on both bands and qos is working great!

Glad to hear your experience is so much improved.

Also happy that I was not able to upgrade to an RT-87U myself (they seem to be getting better for most users though).

Thanks man,

I had 4 of the rt-87r, and all of them gave me issues. Whats funny is that I am pretty much using the same settings on this new ac68p. I dont know maybe I got 4 bad lemons, who knows, but I am glad that this router is working. I know one thing for sure, I will wait for reviews and check these forums when ever ASUS releases a new router, never again to go buy the new shinny router with out giving it time.

;)

Yes, we've all done that.

Even though I want to be on the latest and greatest as early as possible, that currently includes having the patience and wisdom to see what other's experiences are like first. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!